Thursday, October 13, 2011

Testing, testing, and more testing!

I know it seems as if all we do sometimes is test our children, but these tests give me as the teacher valuable information to better help your child in our classroom. These tests inform me of what they have already learned and what I still need to teach or review with them. These tests also let me know what types of interventions I can do with your child to help enrich or re-teach these vital skills.

We also have to assess our students on a weekly basis in all subject areas. This testing allows me to understand which skills and standards I need to review and which ones we have mastered. I use these assessments to create my re-teach groups. I do not only assess with test, we also complete journals, graphic organizers, posters, group work, games, check-lists, self-assessments, and rubrics. I hope this helps you to understand the grades that are coming home better. You can also access all of your students grades through the on-line grading system.

Thank you for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment