Monday, January 3, 2011

Graphing and Project

Today I introduced tally mark and bar graphs. This is usually a pretty easy concept for most students. The biggest thing they have to remember is that the bottom line is always the x-axis and the left side line is always the y-axis. We discussed making sure that the graph has a title and that we label both the x and y-axis. We looked at how tally marks can be used to poll people to find out information. Today we discovered what our favorite snow day activities are; throwing snow balls won by a long shot. I personally chose reading a book by the fire.

I also assigned the constellation project to the students that will be due on January 14th. Please let me know if you need any help getting information for this project. I will help them find the information at school and send it home with them to complete their poster.

The students seemed really tired and sluggish today, hopefully they will perk up tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment