Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Phases of the Moon

One of my sons got a model of the moon that shows all of the phases of the moon for Christmas. I think I was more excited than he was about this gift, because I knew that I was going to bring it into school to show my students the phases of the moon. I brought it in yesterday and we watched as the moon lit up and the different phases were described on the CD as was the history of the moon. The students gave a lot of "cools" and "neat". It was good for them to get to see the phases and how they transitioned from one to the other. We have also started our moon observations in our observation log in the lap books. We began on January 4 with a New Moon cycle. They were able to see yesterday how it moved into a Waxing Crescent phase. We will continue to look at all of the cycles of the moon, so they can see the complete one month cycle.

The movie afternoon was a lot of fun. We did not get to finish the movie, however we will get those students together that paid for the movie next week and we will allow them finish. Thank you for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment