Monday, May 7, 2012

Thank you!

Thank you to all the wonderful parents that sent in flowers for teacher appreciation week.  It was so nice to see all of the beautiful colors.

Morning Journal:  It's no homework day!  What would you do to make sure your students are completing their homework?  What type of assignments would you give them?

Morning Math:  Two Dimensional Figures, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication

Math: Combinations:  We make combinations of things all day every day and when you are making combinations you need to make an organized list.  For example:  I go into my closet and have to choose from one red shirt, one green shirt and I want to pair them with a pair of jeans, shorts, and skirt.  How many different combinations can I make?
1. RS, Jeans
2. RS, Shorts
3. RS, Skirt
4. GS, Jeans,
5. GS, Shorts
6. GS, Skirt

To check multiply the number of shirts by the number of bottoms: 2x3=6.

Reading:  This week we are using an informational text to apply the reading skills and strategies.  Today we practiced the QAR of right there, think and search, author and me, and on my own.

EOGs
May 15th: Reading
May 16th: Math
May 17th: Math

No comments:

Post a Comment