Friday, February 3, 2012

Did you see the waxing gibbous today?

As I was driving home from work today I saw the moon and it was a waxing gibbous. If it is not cloudy tomorrow afternoon have your child look at the moon and tell you what phase it is in. As an added challenge ask them to describe how this phase is created.

Morning Journal: It's National Cruise Day!! If you could take a cruise anywhere in the world where would you go and why? Describe the location and what you would do there with good details. I would take a European cruise. Where would you go?

Math: We created 3-dimensional figures with straws and twist ties. I heard a lot of this is hard, but fun! I love when I can make learning fun. We will continue this activity and then compare the shapes to figure out the differences in the faces, edges, and vertices (vertex) to prepare for our test on Tuesday. We will have a Geometry test on Tuesday!!

Imagine It: We took our "Journey to the Moon" test and a few of us will have to finish on Monday.

Don't forget that the constellation project is due on February 14th. Get a head start on the project this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment