Monday, November 26, 2012

Welcome Back!!

My Thanksgiving was wonderful and I hope that yours was as well.  I ate a lot of food, decorated my house for Christmas, and hung out with my family.

Morning Journal:  What did you do over the holiday break?  (Must be five sentences.)

Writing Workshop:  We worked on writing a good beginning for our small moment stories.  We are also beginning to do some peer revisions.  The students will now look to each other to make the necessary corrections on their stories.

Reading Workshop:  We have begun reading Mrs. Piggle Wiggle.  This is one of my favorite stories from my childhood.  We practiced making predictions as we read.  After you have made your predictions you need to either confirm or deny your predictions.

Math Workshop:  We are continuing to practice in/out boxes with patterns.  Instead of using the in/out words, we are now using symbols.  Ask your child to show you how to replace the words with a symbol.

SS:  We had a special guest come in and talk to us about the Revolutionary War.  Mrs. White's husband is a historian and he came in and shared stories and artifacts with us.

**FIELD TRIP ON FRIDAY!!!  ALL MONEY AND PERMISSION SLIPS ARE DUE BY WEDNESDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment